Here are ways you can participate in the Campus Challenge.
Staff and Faculty
Incorporate assignments into your curriculum that relate to the challenge.
- Encourage students to log their activity during outdoor class periods.
- Provide extra credit for Challenge participation.
- Highlight relevancy of the Challenge to student life and coursework.
- Apply the Outdoor Nation Campus Challenge theme to activities already established in your calendar for easy participation while boosting the marketability of your event.
- Plan a new event.
- Donate prizes.
- Create your own mini-challenge for a prize you supply.
Examples of ON Challenge Events
- Guided walks
- Tide pool exploration
- Restoration projects
- Environmental education
- Crafting, journaling, self-care outdoors
- Volunteer events (outdoor based)
- Hiking 101
- Humboldt County recreation opportunities informational
- Gear essentials
- Bike maintenance 101
- Leave no trace
- Birding 101